Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grey: first 8 weeks - part 3

May 21: Grey had to go the doctor and have a shot. We wanted to get a picture of his first band aid and right we Curtis went to take the picture, he was reminded of the day's events. It was so funny!

Grey's 6 week stats:
22 3/4 inches long
9 lbs. 15 oz.



Grey absolutely loves bath times!! Especially in his little lounge... The sweetest thing is that he just gazes up at me. I love it!

Drying off...

Telling Papaw about his long day...

...then telling Gigi.
...even Gus needed some love.

May 22: Sleeping on mommy's shoulder. Sweet little face.





Later that afternoon, we met Curtis' family at his sister's neighborhood pool to discuss beach plans.

Grey got upset and had to poke a lip!

Little cousin Ruthie.
May 23: We met Ashly and Denny at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Grey and Macy Brooks were dying to see each other! :)

May 27: Curtis and I took Grey up to meet Granddaddy for the first time. Curtis' Granddaddy has a fantastic sense of humor for 94! He kept telling all the nurses and staff at the VA, "He looks a little like his momma, a bit like his daddy, but a spitting image of me!"
Smiling at daddy...



Three generations of Jeffersons...


May 12: Grey's first play date at Laurel Park. I think I had as much fun as the kids did. It was great to get together with all the girls and talk...even though they were chasing babies around, we were all somehow able to connect. The power of mommies!
Kim and Cohen
Sweet William. Amanda and I traded babies for a while. Whew. What a difference a few pounds makes!
Little Miss Kelsey being mommy to Macy B.
Don't you LOVE Allie's cheeks??!!

Sleepy Cohen!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sarah,

I just got done catching up on your last three blog posts. As I was sitting here just smiling at sweet baby Grey, I started thinking... I used to click on your blog, read and pray, pray, pray for God to bless you with a child. I've always enjoyed your music selection and I almost always minimized your page to listen to the rest of the soundtrack as I was done viewing. I would sing along with the songs and pray the beautiful lyrics of Divine Romance and Be Near among many.

I just wanted to share that today I continue to praise God for his faithfulness. I have so many sweet memories of our times together and one I'll never forget is when you called me to tell me you were pregnant! I literally screamed (I was sure I almost made you deaf in one ear) and then fell to my knees with thanksgiving in Troy's living room. At the time two of my other bridesmaids had just started trying to start their families. I prayed to God that I would have three pregnant bridesmaids and I have to admit, in a brief moment of non-belief I sighed and in anger and distrust said “God, are you going to allow Megan and Kristen to get pregnant and still withhold a child from Sarah?” I remember becoming saddened by that thought as I felt the Lord rebuke my questioning. Little did I know He had already begun knitting Grey in your womb! Just think – Grey was in my wedding party. What a tremendous blessing! I ended up having ONE pregnant bridesmaid and I was ecstatic for my dear friend! The other two girls got pregnant within the week of our wedding (I joke that they both conceived on our wedding night after such a glorious day… LOL) Now three of my closest friends are holding their little gifts from heaven and I just marvel at God’s infinite wisdom in our lives.

I love you, dear friend. We continue to lift up your (new) family in our prayers.

Laura

Mo & Tiffany said...

Sarah all these pictures are so great!! I love what your friend Laura posted right here too, what a precious reminder of God's faithfulness to answer our prayers!