Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby makes the belly grow round!

Last Monday, we went to the doctor for a routine 17-week check up. All is well! Dr. H is still really impressed with how strong the heartbeat is. It was beating around 150 to 155. Based on the heartbeat, he's still predicting a baby girl. I've only gained 3 lbs. which is to be expected since I was so sick. Just be forewarned that I may or may not post weight gain as the pregnancy progresses! ;)


I'm feeling the baby move quite a bit! It's so awesome. From the time we found out we were pregnant, I prayed for a really active baby. So I love that I felt the baby early at nearly 15 weeks! The other day at work, I felt it turn around. Crazy! One night we picked up a pizza for dinner and when Curtis got in the car it smelled so good. Right as I was smelling the pizza the baby kicked a few times like he was hungry too! So funny... In the morning, I can lay on my back and feel the outline of where the baby is. I poke around in there to say "good morning" and you can see it move out of the way. It's pretty crazy.

This little squirmy worm is going through quite a growth spurt! I actually think there is no mistaking that I'm pregnant now. At night, I really feel the muscles pulling and stretching.
Christmas comes Wednesday for us! Yay! The long-awaited ultrasound is Wednesday morning. It's already a super special day because we'll be celebrating our third anniversary, too! Here are some growing baby shots... Be sure to place your baby guess before Wednesday!

8 weeks

16 weeks

18 weeks

6 comments:

Clh03uga said...

So adorable = you pregnant! Can't wait to hear on Wednesday! You refered to the baby as "he" though. :) So, I'm going to say boy.

Ashly said...

You are looking super cute my friend! I'm so very thankful God is blessing you with this active healthy baby. We pray for you constantly:)

Call me right after your appt! Love you!

Shannon said...

you look SO good! and 3 lbs?! wow - you have plenty of room to catch up! so glad you are doing well. can't wait to hear the news tomorrow. : )

The Coops said...

U look amazing! Oh, the growth spurt, mine has been going through it too and it so painful at times, but it's amazing to think about.

thedunns said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant girl ever!!! Can't wait to hear what you're having & happy early anniversary to you & Curtis-what a great gift....a true blessing :)

The Gibbs Family said...

Can't wait to hear if the baby is a boy our a girl!! I didn't gain much the first half of pregnancy either.....I have made up for it the second half ;)