Waaay behind on blogging seems like an understatement. But bare with me while I catch up...
So sweet baby boy, this is you from 8 weeks to the big 12 weeks. My, my, my how the time has flown. You have started making A LOT of changes and hardly look like that tiny little newborn we brought home.
On July 2, 2010 we took you to the doctor for your two month check up. I know, we were a little late. Blame it on the beach and a little less sleep than normal. ;) You were a whopping 24 inches long -- that's the 85th percentile and a mere 13 lbs -- that's only the 50th percentile. So, you're long and skinny like your daddy! You had to get shots at this appointment. I already hate hearing you cry, so it was WAY harder on me than you. Funny story is that once they were done, I scooped you right up and daddy was talking to you from behind. You would cry into my shoulder, look up to see if he was watching and bury your little face back into my neck. You did it about four times and it was so cute and funny!
Lots of fun stuff going on with you, sweet boy. At this point you are still sleeping in your co-sleeper in mommy and daddy's room. We tried to make the switch to your room, but frankly I wasn't ready for that transition.
You've got smiling and laughing down pat! And I must say, you've got the greatest little smile. It lights up your whole face. In the morning, you are the happiest little guy ever! You laugh, squeal and coo all while slapping your belly and kicking your little kickins' (that's what daddy started calling your baby feet when you would kick so hard in mommy's belly).
That darned ole' gas is still a hard thing for you to get out. But, it's getting much better.
Sad time for mommy because I had to pack away a lot of your 0-3 month clothes a even a few 3-6 month stuff. You are just getting too long!
Right after we got back from the beach, we started a Monday morning ritual of hiking the mountain. We strap you into the Baby Bjorn and mommy works off those pregnancy pounds while you quietly snooze away. Must be nice! One thing is for sure, you LOVE being outside!!
Speaking of outside, this has been one of the hottest summers in a LONG time! I love summer because Atlanta has so much to do outside. However, it's just been too hot to do anything after lunch. To beat the heat, mommy got you two nifty little fans that clip onto your stroller! ...again, must be nice!
Most of all, I absolutely love you to death! I dreamed of what it would be like when you got here and our God has blessed us with you far beyond those wildest of dreams!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Up to 12 weeks in pictures...
Posted by sjefferson at 7:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment