Monday, January 31, 2011

Mrs. Nicholas

Just before Thanksgiving we were able to go visit Mrs. Nicholas. She is a long-time family friend and a second grandmother to Curtis. Curtis has always had the very best memories of being with Mrs. Nicholas. Since we've gotten married and I've had the blessed opportunity to get to know her, I can say without reservation that I love this sweet woman with all my heart! She is pure gold. Not only is she the best cook, a beautiful artist, a spectacular gardener, but more than all these things she is a grounded, godly woman. I feel like I'm a better person just being with her and listening to her advice and stories.

It took too long, but we were finally able to introduce her to our sweet Grey. No doubt, Mrs. Nicholas prayed down heaven to get him here and we couldn't wait for them to meet. No surprise, Grey loved Mrs. Nicholas...and Mrs. Torrance (her daughter). I'm so thrilled I got a great picture of them. I seriously could go on and on with nothing but the best things to say about her. I love her so and I'm so glad she got to love on our Grey!

1 comments:

katie davis said...

i love those sweet ladies too=) i know they were so thrilled to meet sweet grey!