Thanksgiving this started with me running the Gobble Jog 10K in downtown Marietta. I plan to do another post on running, but I'll just quickly say that running -- since having Grey -- has been a life-saver. Whew! Anyway, it was a great run. I felt a little tired. Gasp! Shocking that I'd feel that way since I still don't have a baby that sleeps through the night. But my great friend Tracy ran it with me. Running is even better when you do it with a great friend.
Thanksgiving this year was pretty different. This was the first year we've celebrated a holiday without my brother. Since he left, I've tried to do a blog about it but I can't quite make it through. Hope to see that soon. Anyway, he's serving in the Army and stationed in Afghanistan. I really felt this year that running on Thanksgiving was my way of trying to relate to what Jake was going through. While the physical demands are nothing compared to what he's encountering, I just need to "do" something tiring.


Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. This year was no different with the great addition of Grey. He is my living reminder of God's faithfulness. When I find myself tired, worried, stressed, whatever I can honestly look at Grey and see that God will see me through.







0 comments:
Post a Comment