Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What's in a name...

Boy names are hard! Geez. I feel like it took us forever, BUT I'm proud to say we finally came to a name for our sweet baby boy.

Robert Grey Jefferson!! ...and we'll call him Grey!

Robert is Curtis' first name. Grey has such a fantastic daddy and I was kind of pushy on using one of Curtis' names and he didn't resist too much. ;) Coincidentally, Robert is also family name on both sides.

Grey is a name that Curtis suggested and we both loved!! We were back and forth between two names, but Grey just really fit!

So, Grey he is! And he's doing great. We went to the doctor last week and his heart rate was great. Dr. H said to us again, "I know I've told you this a lot, but he's got a really strong heartbeat. Heartbeats like this don't just happen. He definitely gets an A+!" Maybe Grey will run like his momma!

I've only gained 6 lbs altogether... not sure how because I'm eating everything. My blood pressure is great...pretty low...but it's always been low since I'm a runner. Finally found a sweet I can't resist, rice krispee treats! Yummy!

So thankful that everything is healthy during this pregnancy. Thank you SO much for praying for us and please continue to do so.

Have I told you how excited I am about this boy?!?! I just can't wait to see him!!

P.S. Enjoy this little photo of the sweetest baby girl, ever!! We met Ashly and Denny Friday night for Married Life Live. BUT, before we left, I had to get in some snuggle time. I could just eat her! She smiles all the time and I just love her little face right before she says something. Such a sweet blessing! I couldn't be any happier for them!

8 comments:

Ebe said...

Grey! I love it!!! Yay, your baby has a name! ;)

You look great, by the way. I hope you are basking in this time with sweet little Grey and also that time flies...spring can't come quickly enough!

love,
ebe

Shannon said...

ohhh, i adore the name Grey. I don't say that about many names.. but you picked a winner : )

Ashly said...

We LOVE Grey's name! I'm already working on monogrammed gifts! Whoo hoo, I'm obsessed with monograms:)

We had so much fun on Sat.night! You are looking fabulous my friend:)

Glad you are soaking in that pregnancy, it's the best. I'm still praying for you on a daily basis and thanking God for your little blessing!

Becca Daws said...

LOVE his name! It's very distinguished. Exciting!! Yay for Baby Grey!

The Fokens Family said...

Love the name! I'm having the hardest time with girl's names. HELP!
Six pounds? No way! I'm at 10 right now. Last pregnancy,I was so sick in the beginning like you that I lost weight and slowly gained. You look radiant..beautiful. SO thrilled for you both.
~Erica

Emilie Smith said...

I love his name! So fun to be able to call him by his name in your tummy : )

Anonymous said...

Sarah! I love the name Grey! I can't wait to meet him. Sorry I haven't called lately, it's been crazy around here. I've been thinking about you a lot though!
Miss you.
Natalie

Kimberly Jones said...

I love his name! Tell Grey he has a little friend waiting to play!
:-)