Wednesday, March 3, 2010

33-week update!

Today marks 33 weeks! It's really starting to hit me that we're getting close to the end. I'm SO excited too! Each day is just one day closer to seeing this little dream baby. I cry watching almost every birth show on TV imagining how indescribable that moment will be for us.

I'm going to the doctor now every two weeks. I went last week and had a great visit! Grey's heartbeat was really strong and he received another A+. He's such a good little student! ;) I've gained a whopping 27 pounds. Yikes! Good thing I really don't have a sweet tooth right now! I go back to the doctor next week and begin the lovely exam process. Maybe this is odd, but I'm looking forward to these visits simply to hear that progress is being made. I know some of you are thinking, "Poor girl. Little does she know that there will probably be very little progress until the end." I totally recognize that, but I'm interested to see just how low he is.

Throughout my entire pregnancy I've carried really low. Lately, I've had really horrible pelvic bone pain. Not only pressure, but pain in the front of that bone. So, he's there. As I've written about before, my doctor is planning to induce about a week to a week and a half early. Depending on how things are progressing. Grey is still a little big and he's got his daddy's head to boot, so I'm thankful we're going to be looking at the situation closely. Honestly, anything past 37 weeks is fine with me...so long as his little lungs are ready.

Next week is my last week of work. Hallelujah! Being on my feel was killing me.

Please pray for me and Grey in the coming weeks. I'm feeling pretty anxious about the birth. All first-time mom stuff, I suppose. We did do a birth class and while it helped in some areas, it gave me about a million things to over think. I just keep reminding myself that millions of women give birth everyday. I can do this. And I actually have a pretty high pain tolerance, so I'm not sure where the worry comes in other than just worrying about Grey. Speaking of, please pray that his lungs are developing as they should and are ready at "go time". We're also praying that there are no space or cord issues as he gets bigger. The last one, but pretty important is that he holds that first poop in until after he comes out. I just really want to be able to bond with him right away. So, anything that keeps him out of the nursery is great!

Grey is still an excellent kicker! In fact, during our birthing class he was being a little class clown. He was going wild! He either loved all the oxygen from the "deep cleansing breaths" or he HATED it. Either way, my belly was all over the place. What was even more crazy is that other couples were watching my belly move all around. He kicked and kicked and kicked the entire class. None of this was really out of character for him. All fun though! I love to feel his movements!

So that's about all for now. I promise I will post room pictures. Our camera died...which is perfect timing to get a new one. Better now than realizing it in the delivery room!

3 comments:

Clh03uga said...

So excited for you! You'll do great!

Laura Ripley said...

Wow it's getting so close. You are going to do great!!! All of your concerns are normal and justified. God IS with you and I know he will be your anchor and strength during these last weeks and also during Grey's birth.

Kimberly Jones said...

I can't believe it's almost here! I am beyond excited to meet baby Grey (as Kylie calls him). We have prayed every night since you got pregnant...I know God will give you the strength and endurance you need! It will be amazing, you will do great!