Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bank of Faith

It's 6:30 a.m. and I had to share a couple of things from this morning in Streams in the Desert.

"My grace is sufficient for You." 2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is great enough to meet the great things --
The crashing waves that overwhelm the soul,
The roaring winds that leave us stunned and breathless,
The sudden storms beyond life's control.

His grace is great enough to meet the small things --
The little pinprick troubles that annoy,
The insect worries, buzzing and persistent,
The squeaking wheels that grate upon our joy.
Annie Johnson Flint

O people of God, be great believers! Little faith will bring your souls to heaven, but great faith will bring heaven to your souls.
Charles H. Spurgeon

There is always a large balance credited to our account in the bank of heaven. It is waiting for us to exercise our faith and draw upon it. Draw heavily on God's resources.
Streams in the Desert

How rich is Spurgeon's quote?! I think I'll reflect on that today and make a faith withdrawal!

2 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Thanks for sharing that quote! That is really powerful...I am writing that one down:)

aimee said...

That is wonderful! I need to write that down too!