Monday, October 12, 2009

Beats of Life!

Had a great appointment today! Thank you for praying! I went in, he felt my belly and put the doppler right on our little sweetness. It was so awesome to hear that sound again! I felt terrible this morning, but all that melted away with that sound. We had good strong beats that ranged between 155 - 165. It was 170 at 8 weeks. My doctor said he hadn't heard good strong heartbeats that early in a while. So, he was thrilled and I was one proud momma! He also put his prediction in that it's a girl. He's been at it a while, so he just might be right. We'll see...

My blood pressure was great and I have not gained a single pound, which quite frankly is no surprise to me! I was told not to worry -- that will come in time. My sweet hubby said, "Don't worry hon, you'll tank up in no time." Thanks honey. The prediction every pregnant woman wants to hear! ;)

I go back again in four weeks for a heartbeat check and more blood work. I'll be almost 17 weeks. Then, the next week or so (18 or 19 weeks) I have to go see a perinatologist. This is technically a high-risk doctor. He will do a 3D ultra-sound to look at the vanishing twin and make sure that's completely gone and not causing any complications to our other little guy. My doctor totally suspects it is gone and fine, but he wants to be totally sure. I'm totally overjoyed for that appointment!! I'm so impatient and already dying to see what the baby looks like. I'm sure we'll also get to find out what we're having. Yay!!

My mom got to go with me today and hear the heartbeats. It was great! She hasn't ever had the opportunity to do that. After we went to go shop for some maternity clothes. Strange that my belly is ever expanding, yet I haven't gained weight. We met up with Ashly and Miss Macy B -- mommy is ever so slim and little princess is filling out quite nicely AND SMILING! I love it!

I have a lot I want to post about...in keeping with my pre-baby posts. The Lord has really been at work and I look forward to sharing just how in time. Thank you again for sharing in our joy by praying!!

7 comments:

Laura Ripley said...

Great update!!! Always praying.

Jill said...

Hey Sarah! I haven't checked in with you in awhile but wanted to let you know I'm following your blog and SO excited for you!!! Love that you got to hear that sweet heartbeat so quickly today. Yay!! Rejoicing with you and praying for you and your little one!

The Fokens Family said...

Such a miracle isn't it? Hearing those heartbeats is a wonderful sound. Rejoicing with you!
~Erica

Laura Ripley said...

Oh yeah, If Georgia keeps playing the way they have been, I might just buy that baby it's first Georgia Tech outfit!!

Kimberly Jones said...

Sweet Baby Jefferson! I can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl! So happy you had a great appointment. We pray every night for you, Curtis, and that precious miracle!

Jason Pendley Photography said...

Sarah! I just LOVE the joy that I can sense through these posts of yours! It's about time...that's all I can say! And, I'm totally going with the doctor, and predicting that it's a girl...I've felt that from the moment you posted the heartbeat from your very first visit. However.....healthy baby, whether it's a girl or boy, is what I'm praying for for you and Curtis! I'm so happy for ya'll! :) Hope you're feeling better and better with each passing week!

Summer :)

Ebe said...

Wonderful news! Yay baby!
I can't wait to see a picture of your little one and see your cute little belly!