Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One Trimester Down...Two More To Go!

Tomorrow is 14 weeks and I didn't want too much time to pass without documenting some fun facts from the first trimester -- at least for myself. First, I can't even believe I writing that I'm in my second trimester. Time is flying by! Even though I haven't felt great, I've sincerely enjoyed every minute with this baby. Every night I thank the Lord for where ever I am...like tonight, 13 weeks and 7 days! Each day really is a gift and I'm still super overwhelmed with our blessing. Because I can't feel the baby kick, I still have days where I think, "I can't believe there is a baby in my belly!" I call Curtis all the time and say, "Guess what???" and he'll say "what?" and I say, "I'm pregnant!!"...or "I gotta baby in my belly!!" It's been fun!

As I've written in the past, I started getting sick at a mere 5 weeks and I'm FINALLY seeing the light at the end of the tunnel -- just 9 weeks later. I won't go so far as to say I'm over being sick, but I have had 4 full days of feeling great. I have a new appreciation for people who are chronically sick! Thank you Lord for good health!

I've got a nice little belly working here, but no weight gain just yet. I do plan to do belly shots, but then only one I have is at 8 weeks. I started showing pretty early, which concerned me, but my doctor assured me it was because I "don't have much flesh for it to push through" -- sounds like a compliment, so I'll take it. I'm definitely in maternity pants full-time unless I wear a bella band (which is not that often because I don't love it).

My appetite is back in full swing. Which is a welcomed sight! I haven't had anymore hotdogs, but who knows what the future holds. I'm craving fun and strange things like, carrots and ranch. In fact, one night I got sick and 20 minutes later downed a bag of carrots. This week I bought two bags of carrots to cut up as snacks and it's not even Wednesday and I've almost eaten them all. So strange. I love salads right now -- especially the side salads at Chick-Fil-A. What's even more crazy, I liked them all through my sick phase too. Apple juice is simply divine! I also LOVE cereal right now too. Mainly plain cereals like regular Cheerios and Rice Krispees. I did randomly buy a box of Honeycombs?! I'm convinced a Happy Meal can cure the sickest days! Craziest part of this is that I NEVER eat McDonald's. The only food aversion I've had is spaghetti sauce and that is still the case. Oh and I had my first warm Krispy Kream last week and it was oh so yummy!

I've had heartburn and acid reflux since I think 6 weeks. Nothing insane, but definitely there most days after dinner. My mom had the same thing right up until she delivered. So, I already carry a little bottle of Tums.

My sleep pattern is pretty much changed to a series of naps. I can't seem to make it longer than two hours at night without needing a potty break.

I'm dying to get back to the gym to walk or do some sort of exercise. NOT because I'm crazy about weight gain, but because I'm dying to be active. No I will not be running, so need to post "no running" comments. :) I just don't have a ton of energy yet. But still to come, I'm hoping.

I have terrible eczema on my legs. When I traveled doing PR in NASCAR, I was told I had stress-induced eczema. Since I quit and made a conscious effort to reduce my stress, it has gotten better. However, the winter is always harder. This winter is already going to be the hardest because I can't use my lotion. Seems silly to pray about this, but I'm praying it doesn't get much worse.

I have not been super emotional. Maybe edgy about eating and women who are openly constant complainers about being pregnant. I get this all the time working with the public. I'll leave you with this one comment from a woman who explained that while her baby was planned, she just wasn't excited about it. I wanted so badly to just fly back with something about my friends who have buried their babies, but I just had to walk away. This has been some serious self-discipline in the area of holding my tongue!

Okay, enough is enough. My next post is going to be about some specific things the Lord graciously took the time to point out to me while I was sick and bed-bound. It's kind of funny because it's almost been like He was saying, "While you're down for the count, there are a couple of things I've been wanting to go over with you." Looking forward to sharing soon...

7 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Great to hear your update...Can't wait to see that belly. That baby has no where to go but OUT!

Thanks for the well wishes. I am only 2 weeks behind you, so I've had fun reading all your posts over the last couple of months.
The funny thing is,I am addicted to carrots too. I have smother mine in ranch. Pregnancy causes some wierd cravings!!

I'll be checking back in soon!
~Erica

Beth Goff said...

So glad you are feeling better! I had HORRIBLE heartburn with Karoline... Tums helped but at the end I found out Mylanta worked MUCH better. So I'll pass that on early... I found out a week before Karoline was born!

Emilie Smith said...

You are lucky you are enjoying salads! No salads for me while I was pregnant with Lee! And, Tums were my best friend! NEVER left home without them except ran out one time and almost had a panic attack : ) I'm so excited for y'all!!!

Becca Daws said...

I can feel your excitement and joy through reading you words. I am so, so overjoyed for you guys.

It will continue to get better and better. Just wait till you feel that little baby move around. Pure bliss. It's magical.

Glad you are feeling some better!

Kimberly Jones said...

So excited to watch that little belly grow!!! I love to hear about pregnancy cravings...and yes Tums are such a lifesaver! We are praying for ya'll daily!

The Coops said...

So funny to read, we are having the exact same things going on. I am loving carrots, salads, TUMS have saved my life some nights. This is fun to share experiences. My only difference is I have craved spaghetti and anything italian which is not like me. I definitely won't tell you not to run...I am loving it. It makes me feel so much better to stay with my normal routine.

thedunns said...

Glad you're feeling better. I had horrible heartburn with Jack-probably due to the gallons of orange juice I consumed! I pray everything continues to go smoothly for you!