Well, tomorrow at 8 a.m. I head to the doctor for a 12 week check-up. I'm SO thrilled to go! I knew, once I heard that little heartbeat for the first time, waiting four weeks to hear it again would seem like an eternity. I was right!
I'm a little nervous because I think they'll try to use the doppler for the first time. I wonder if my heart will be beating at all while they search?? I'm thinking no. Please pray that they would find it right away!
On another note, I've gotten a lot of sweet calls, notes and emails from everyone checking in on me. It has been a rough 8 weeks of pure sickness. No complaints, it's just been a big adjustment to the normal active, running, doing me. But I have really felt the Lord's pressence even in the days where I'm bed-bound. Some days have been so intense, that in the throws of my sickness I've pleaded for the Lord to sustain the baby. Praise the Lord for zofran!! I won't dare say I'm out of the woods, but today was a fantastic day and I'm SO grateful. I'm also eternally grateful to my dear, sweet hubby! But that will be another post. He needs a post all his own for the hubby of the year award!
On a side note, have I told you I'm a worrier? Well, it's something I really pray against...OFTEN! So, two great scriptures that I've clung to. The first sent to me by my friend Ebe (read her blog, be blessed and pray for their new bundle on the way!). The other the Lord gave me one night and it's been a great prayer. I hope if you also find yourself worrying that you'll find comfort in the Price of Peace.
I'll update more tomorrow...
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Psalm 16
"Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge.
I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing.'
As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who councils me, even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let you Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Doctor, doctor!
Posted by sjefferson at 5:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment