2008 is officially over. This was such a fast year!
Last night, we went to my parents house and watch the Chick-fil-a Bowl Game, Georgia Tech against LSU. What a terrible game! I even pulled for the Jackets, but victory slipped further and further away as the minutes ticked on. I knew you wouldn't believe this unless you saw it with your own eyes, but I even wore a Tech jersey.
Curtis was dying for me to have a jersey, so I compromised all I hold sacred for one night. However, today is a new day. I will proudly wear red and black for the Dawgs as they play Michigan State. GO Dawgs!!
So, what's in store for 2009? Good question. No doubt, it should prove to be an interesting year. In January, I'm traveling with my mom to New York City. I fell in love with NYC during my summer semester there in college and loved traveling there on business. I'm happy to be mom's tour-guide on her first trip there.
Later in January, I'll travel with Curtis to "Sin City" on a business trip. There we'll visit our friends Tony and Lia. Curtis is also in their wedding in May. We'll also visit my cousin Kendall Wallace, who plays basketball for UNLV. We're going to see one of his games and do Las Vegas. Kendall is such a cutie! I'm sure he's quite the heart-throb on campus.
Aside from traveling, this year I will read through the Bible. I make a fantastic effort each year, but never see it through. This year will be different! I'll keep you posted on what the Holy Spirit reveals to me...
I have also decided I'll pick back up on my home renovations. I have two guest bedrooms and the living room left. I've put the bedrooms off in anticipation of making them into a baby's room, but no more. It's not good to live your life on hold waiting for something you have no control over. So off I go. Pictures to come soon...
Last, but not least, to babies in 2009! Not just for me, but for some close friends and people I only know through their blogs who are desiring the blessing of a child. Lord, hear the prayers of these Your servants and grant us the desires of our hearts according to Your perfect will and plan. 2009 brings a sense of hope because out of the 365 days it will contain, surely a baby will be part of mix. But, it's also a little scary because I thought that about '07 and '08. But I will hope in the Lord, the rock of my salvation. He is capable!
I stumbled across this blog post from another couple dealing with infertility issues and had to steal it. It was too funny to pass up!
"C'mere you stupid stork..."
"...quit digging around in the grass and go find me a baby!"
Here's to a new year of trusting Him more deeply, knowing Him more truly and walking humbly where He leads! "
Father, reveal Yourself a little more each day of this new year. Give us eyes to see Your glory revealed. Help me to wait upon You, walk with You and rely only on You, trust You and obey -- no questions -- only obedience. Father, give me ears to hear the whispers of Your plans for my life and feet to walk where You lead.







6 comments:
keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
Yes! Here's to babies in 09! And if nothing else, at least our husbands will be satisfied in the bedroom! Oops! Did I just say that out loud?
I'm praying for you dear friend...I do not understand the Lord's timing...but as with my own life, I truly trust that no GOOD thing does He withhold from those who walk upright with Him - although I do not understand the definition of GOOD (because I think marriage and children for me and children for you is very good)- I know God's definition of good is so much higher and better than mine. So, though He slay us (or our dreams) - we will still praise Him...because He is so worthy of praise - especially in the deepest, darkest, most uncertain moments. I love you, friend.
I will be praying for you this year. Please keeo me posted. Have a wonderful New Year.:)
Ha! I'm still laughing at Ashly's post..:)
I love the stork picture and quote..that is too cute..and true!
I am also praying for baby blessings for you and some others in '09! I am excited to see what God will unveil in this year! Happy New Year! So jealous you're going to NYC! I've ALWAYS wanted to go there!
I am praying for you and Curtis! I know God is going to bless you both. At least what Ashly said is true:) HaHa!! I love you!
Post a Comment