Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Are you kidding me?"

"No I'm not."

These were the short lines Curtis and I exchanged Sunday night as we attempted to pull into our driveway on the way home from Columbus, Ga.

"Why?", you ask?

See below...















Yes, that is the only remaining brafford pair tree left in our yard. (The picture makes it look little but trust me, it's not.) And yes, it split down the middle. Yes, it was one week after our basement flooded. And no, not one single neighbor bothered to call us with a heads up. And yes, it's expensive to have a tree cut down, stump ground and hauled away!

All we could do was laugh. Laughter is so necessary in these situations.

Want to know something even funnier? We got home at 11:30 p.m. and Curtis had to fly out the next morning at 8 a.m. for four days.

Great! Just how I wanted to spend my day, negotiating -- like I actually know what I'm doing and saying -- with someone to cut the tree down and haul it away! Yay for me!!

Even better, Curtis' car was stuck in the garage and I couldn't take him to the airport because of my work schedule. So, he turned the car around on the driveway to drive down the yard. When he went to back up onto the side driveway/basketball court....

Crunch!

That my friends was the sound of someone backing right into the house and gutter ... that we just had painted. "Awh, geez!"

There are no words for this month...

And, no, I'm not kidding!

0 comments: