Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Memories!

Memorial Day weekend was packed full of fun plans! We started the weekend off on Saturday afternoon at Piedmont Park. I love this park! The plan was to picnic, play around with the football, throw the frisbee, then head to Park Tavern for dinner. We got about half-way through those plans before the heavens opened up. I've never gotten caught in the rain until Saturday. We got so wet that it literally did not have a dry spot on us!







Eating yummy Jimmy John's! If you haven't eaten there you must go soon...the best subs!







Sara kept saying, "man, those clouds look like rain." But we all kept saying, "nah, it will blow over." Looking back, this is when we should have started packing up...




Like a bunch of idiots, we still thought it would blow over so we all huddled under a tree. Funny thing is, a tree only provides so much shelter....until it becomes soaked and the drops are bigger than the rain. Look at all the rain puddled on the sidewalk.




Last picture before we put the camera up to ensure it didn't get ruined. We were soaked!!





Plan B: go home, get dry and meet up for dinner later. Sara lives in California and had never been to Atlanta. So, we tried to ensure that we hit all the great Atlanta places to eat. First stop, South City Kitchen for drinks and appetizers. She had never had fried green tomatoes!! What?!?! "We need an order of those on the double-time!" I love the food at South City!




Next stop, Muss & Turner's. Heaven, really. This local hot spot is by far the best, most original food I've ever had. All fresh, organic ingredients. They don't have any freezers or microwaves...everything is made fresh every day! YUM! Here Sara had her first glass of sweet tea. Can you imagine?!? ...28 years old and never having tasted the sweet yumminess of sweet tea!! I think that is sinful, right?


Final stop, Cafe Intermezzo in Atlanta for some huge, yummy desserts!!

Monday, Curtis and I hosted everyone for a barbecue. We had burgers, chicken and grilled shrimp...along with a load of yummy sides! Below is the grill master himself.



Even Lilly played host....



Doesn't she look like she's smiling? Lilly loves a party!





Brandon really wanted to make his grandmother's sweet potato pie. I had never had it, so I welcomed the dessert offerings. One bite and I was hooked!

After we stuffed our bellies, the rain came. A perfect excuse for the guys to play Tiger Woods Golf on playstation 3. The girls huddles on the coach and looked at wedding books. It was a great weekend!!

0 comments: